Freedom Fleet Art Contest

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #1 Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor2

Tankers!

Examples for design and scale.

Spoiler

To celebrate the 4th of July and the return of the Freedom tank, we want you to put on your creative hat. 

For this contest we would like for you to draw a fleet of freedom tanks. There must be at least 3 tanks pictured. You can put them in any setting you would like. At war, in the forest, or in a shopping center parking lot. This will be a week long contest. You are able to use medium you would like to create your artwork. 

Rules:

• All players are welcome to join the contest but each player can submit only one entry.
  • The creation must be designed exclusively for this contest.
  • Entries will be judged on creativity, quality, complexity, etc.
  • Image requirements: format —JPEG, PNG, or GIF; resolution — between 800x600 and 1024x768 pixels; size — up to 700 KB.
  • The image must comply with the moral, ethical, and legal standards, as well as with the Forum rules.
  • Wargaming gains exclusive rights to the contest image when you post it on the forum, as outlined in the “10. User Generated Content” section of the Terms of Service

Prizes:

1st Place: A Freedom Tank + 3000 Gold + 1 Week Premium

2nd Place: 2000 Gold + 1 Week Premium

3rd Place: 1000 Gold + 1 Week Premium

The submission deadline is Wednesday, July 8 at 06:00 PST (July 8 13:00 UTC).

Edited by Niko Power WGA, 02 July 2015 - 08:19 PM.

JakeLandon #2 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18312 battles
  • [LION]
I got a question: When would the winners be announced? the contest is great but I think it can be a little tricky if one doesn't has the freedom and wants one, because it will be on sale until July 10 at 2:00 in the morning ET if I am reading the hour well. So assuming the winners are announced let's say July 10 after that hour and one didn't win, one wouldn't have the chance to buy the Freedom then... Hope I am making sense. I want one and would like to participate assuming I find the time but I wouldn't want to have to wait for the winners to be announced after the Freedom sale is over and miss on it... I think would be maybe better to take a day from the contest (July 8) and the winners are announced let's say July 9, so in that case if one didn't win, one can still buy it from the store without much hurry. Makes sense? Unless you guys announce the winners that very July 9 and the earlier the better I suppose. Just my two cents.. Also another question:What if one already has the freedom? could one pick another rare tank? (let's say the liberte, or pz Hydro) or would it only mean more gold? Thanks. Kudos for still coming on with good contests

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #3 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostJakeLandon, on 02 July 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

I got a question: When would the winners be announced? the contest is great but I think it can be a little tricky if one doesn't has the freedom and wants one, because it will be on sale until July 10 at 2:00 in the morning ET if I am reading the hour well. So assuming the winners are announced let's say July 10 after that hour and one didn't win, one wouldn't have the chance to buy the Freedom then... Hope I am making sense. I want one and would like to participate assuming I find the time but I wouldn't want to have to wait for the winners to be announced after the Freedom sale is over and miss on it... I think would be maybe better to take a day from the contest (July 8) and the winners are announced let's say July 9, so in that case if one didn't win, one can still buy it from the store without much hurry. Makes sense? Unless you guys announce the winners that very July 9 I suppose. Just my two cents.. Also another question:What if one already has the freeom? could one pick another rare tank? (let's say the liberte, or pz Hydro) or would it only mean more gold? Thanks.

I was actually just asking about this. I am going to cut it back by a day to end on Wednesday. That way, if someone doesn't win, they will still have the chance to buy the Freedom. Good catch. :)

JakeLandon #4 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18312 battles
  • [LION]

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 02 July 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

I was actually just asking about this. I am going to cut it back by a day to end on Wednesday. That way, if someone doesn't win, they will still have the chance to buy the Freedom. Good catch. :)

Cool! Was just a suggestion, but I for one think is better for all, unlesss someone says otherwise and presents a better argument I suppose. I'll work on mine this weekend :B

edit: In this case you may want to also change the date between the parenthesis, btw, to avoid confusion and whatnot.

Also: if you could answer my other question would be cool. Would the Freedom go to second place if first place already has one? what if second place and third place also already have one? Cheers!

Edited by JakeLandon, 02 July 2015 - 06:27 PM.

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

SpartacusDiablo #5 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19638 battles
  • [BNKR]
Just for clarification. You say draw but then say any medium. Is digital in or out?

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #6 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 02 July 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

Just for clarification. You say draw but then say any medium. Is digital in or out?

Digital, hand drawn, painted, wood carving, mashed potato sculpture, and so on. As long as the tanks are recognizable.

SpartacusDiablo #7 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19638 battles
  • [BNKR]
Okay thanks. So one is safe to assume that you are no longer splitting digital and non digital entries into two separate contests.

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #8 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostJakeLandon, on 02 July 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

edit: In this case you may want to also change the date between the parenthesis, btw, to avoid confusion and whatnot. Also: if you could answer my other question would be cool. Would the Freedom go to second place if first place already has one? what if second place and third place also already have one? Cheers!

Sorry I missed this one. If the winner already has one, we will look into an alternate prize. Since the Freedom isn't a physical prize, it can't be carried over. If the winner doesn't want another tank and wants to donate their prize, they are allowed to do that as well.

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #9 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 02 July 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Okay thanks. So one is safe to assume that you are no longer splitting digital and non digital entries into two separate contests.

It would depend. If I get a substantial amount of physical vs digital submissions, I might add that as an option. In the end, it all comes down to you guys. However, each person can only submit one entry. We will see what happens if I can justify it. :)

SpartacusDiablo #10 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19638 battles
  • [BNKR]
Okay, thanks again Niko. I think I may be taking part in this one.

JakeLandon #11 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18312 battles
  • [LION]

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 02 July 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

Sorry I missed this one. If the winner already has one, we will look into an alternate prize. Since the Freedom isn't a physical prize, it can't be carried over. If the winner doesn't want another tank and wants to donate their prize, they are allowed to do that as well.

You mean the Freedom would go to second and first place would receive only the gold and prem time? I think would be cool to give first place the price of the Freedom in gold and still give the Freedom to second or third, depending, if second also has Freedom it would only receive the 2000 gold and prem time... dunno, unless it would also receive full Freedom price in gold but maybe that's too much gold given away. Hope I explained myself.

Also I think dividing digital vs hand drawn isn't a bad idea. Specially since I think digital can be tricky regarding how original the work really is, for example, maybe a software can automatically draw an image of a tank and make us think it is drawn in the software, not sure how would the contest have to be modified if it's divided though.

Anyway I gtg now, but the second date still says July 9, you may want to fix that. 

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #12 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostJakeLandon, on 02 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

You mean the Freedom would go to second and first place would receive only the gold and prem time? I think would be cool to give first place the price of the Freedom in gold and still give the Freedom to second or third, depending, if second also has Freedom it would only receive the 2000 gold and prem time... dunno, unless it would also receive full Freedom price in gold but maybe that's too much gold given away. Hope I explained myself.

Also I think dividing digital vs hand drawn isn't a bad idea. Specially since I think digital can be tricky regarding how original the work really is, for example, maybe a software can automatically draw an image of a tank and make us think it is drawn in the software, not sure how would the contest have to be modified if it's divided though.

Anyway I gtg now, but the second date still says July 9, you may want to fix that. 

It's happened before where they do but it isn't required. We have plenty of backup ideas. We've had a couple donations from a few of my other contests.

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #13 Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51373 battles
  • [BNKR]
Would someone post a screen shot or two of the freedom in the garage to use as a reference?  Probably won't have the time to do this, but would like a reference of the paint scheme it I do. I have the regular SP to use as geometrical reference. 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #14 Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 02 July 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Would someone post a screen shot or two of the freedom in the garage to use as a reference?  Probably won't have the time to do this, but would like a reference of the paint scheme it I do. I have the regular SP to use as geometrical reference. 

Let me see if I can pull something up for you.

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #15 Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 02 July 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

This is what I could pull up immediately. It isn't in the garage but there is a comparison to a small house.

Spoiler

ClichedTree990 #16 Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16726 battles
There is no digital correct? 

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #17 Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 02 July 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Digital, hand drawn, painted, wood carving, mashed potato sculpture, and so on. As long as the tanks are recognizable.

DARTH TETRIS #18 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]

My entry:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #19 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

View PostDARTH TETRIS, on 02 July 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

My entry:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Ahhhh hahahaha that's great.

Jet Army #20 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27012 battles
  • [STEIN]

View PostJakeLandon, on 02 July 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I got a question: When would the winners be announced? the contest is great but I think it can be a little tricky if one doesn't has the freedom and wants one, because it will be on sale until July 10 at 2:00 in the morning ET if I am reading the hour well. So assuming the winners are announced let's say July 10 after that hour and one didn't win, one wouldn't have the chance to buy the Freedom then... Hope I am making sense. I want one and would like to participate assuming I find the time but I wouldn't want to have to wait for the winners to be announced after the Freedom sale is over and miss on it... I think would be maybe better to take a day from the contest (July 8) and the winners are announced let's say July 9, so in that case if one didn't win, one can still buy it from the store without much hurry. Makes sense? Unless you guys announce the winners that very July 9 and the earlier the better I suppose. Just my two cents.. Also another question:What if one already has the freedom? could one pick another rare tank? (let's say the liberte, or pz Hydro) or would it only mean more gold? Thanks. Kudos for still coming on with good contests

well if you were to win it and have the freedom all ready i believe they give you the gold in the amount of the tank cost. Wich then you could buy a tank of your choice. it check your tanks you own if or when you win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users