New Map Idea: Sea Lion/Seelöwe

New Map

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Sqn Ldr B #1 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
So, since Overlord was made on PC as a historical map for D-Day, and Stalingrad for the battle of the same name, how about one for the battle that never was? My suggestion is a map for Operation Seelöwe (Sea Lion), the German invasion of mainland Britain. I propose it be set in an area of Southern England, perhaps a beach at one side, with sand dunes along the edge, which would give way to flat, green fields with hedgerows and cottages, and then a part of somewhere like Dover or Ramsgate or Deal as an urban setting in another part, with a harbour and pier. I think it would be great to put Matildas, Cruisers and Covenanters against Panzer II, III and IVs, in what would have been a true Battle Royale. What are your thoughts?

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

Cruiser Abukuma #2 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17224 battles
  • [KMD]
Im down for any new map and tank additions, this is one of the better suggestion imho

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

Sqn Ldr B #3 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Thanks, what Operation Sea Lion would have been like is an idea I have often entertained. I would imagine every available piece of equipment put into service against the invaders in a gallant attempt to defend the last free nation in Europe. Things like Matilda 1s and Covenanters thrown at the Germans, the RAF's emergency fighters put into combat, stay-behind home guard platoons fighting a guerilla war, and possibly a British withdrawal into some kind of redoubt behind Hadrian's wall in the highlands. Or something like that anyway. 

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Cruiser Abukuma #4 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17224 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 19 July 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

Thanks, what Operation Sea Lion would have been like is an idea I have often entertained. I would imagine every available piece of equipment put into service against the invaders in a gallant attempt to defend the last free nation in Europe. Things like Matilda 1s and Covenanters thrown at the Germans, the RAF's emergency fighters put into combat, stay-behind home guard platoons fighting a guerilla war, and possibly a British withdrawal into some kind of redoubt behind Hadrian's wall in the highlands. Or something like that anyway. 

unfortunately it would just be the map. We do not have historical battles so the only thing that would be added is that map itself for use in standard battles

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

Sqn Ldr B #5 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
I meant that second post just as a thought, not a game idea. :rolleyes:

KILTED YAKSMIN #6 Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61229 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 20 July 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

So, since Overlord was made on PC as a historical map for D-Day, and Stalingrad for the battle of the same name, how about one for the battle that never was? My suggestion is a map for Operation Seelöwe (Sea Lion), the German invasion of mainland Britain. I propose it be set in an area of Southern England, perhaps a beach at one side, with sand dunes along the edge, which would give way to flat, green fields with hedgerows and cottages, and then a part of somewhere like Dover or Ramsgate or Deal as an urban setting in another part, with a harbour and pier. I think it would be great to put Matildas, Cruisers and Covenanters against Panzer II, III and IVs, in what would have been a true Battle Royale. What are your thoughts?

The White Cliffs of Dover. How cool would it be pushing reds over the edge.

Sqn Ldr B #7 Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostGREYGHOST0665, on 29 November 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

The White Cliffs of Dover. How cool would it be pushing reds over the edge.

"There'll be bluebirds potatoes over the White Cliffs of Dover..."

Also tagged with New Map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users