Jump to content


This is driving me up the wall..

Xbone why WG mad bacon

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

redshadowrider-x #21 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 39732 battles
  • 8,925
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014
I don't like spamming, but the one time and gone is also a problem.  I usually want to see it again so I can verify location.  However, I figure after 2 notices or even 3 if they don't pay attention they ain't goin to.
I'm just saying.....

XXB1G D0GXX #22 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 26731 battles
  • 164
  • [HADOK]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013

View PostTurboclicker, on 29 July 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

 

The compass is the correct map for me. The square map is unreadable and doesn't rotate with the player. If I want a large map I hit the back button. The compass provides a large amount of data for a short distance, which is a different tool than a large distance, which the back button already does.

square map for me , but i think many find it unreadable BECAUSE it doesn't rotate .you can lose precious seconds orientating yourself in crucial situations.it takes a while getting used to granted but gives you a better idea of how the lemming train is coping with that light tank on the other flank .



bob3464 #23 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9424 battles
  • 2,493
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

Sometimes I ping it 4 times.

Twice on the big group of tanks in the back doing nothing, and twice on the big group of red tanks on the other side of the map...., and then I hit SOS... hoping there might be a small chance at least one of them might move up to the fight and help.

High rate of failure, but it's all I can think of when there's no response on the mic and it's our last chance to salvage the game.

I think dead tankers shouldn't have the option to ping more than a couple of times though. Rage pingers are annoying as hell.


I hate being bi-polar. It's awesome!

 

 


JoeDaFrogman #24 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17911 battles
  • 9,406
  • Member since:
    03-15-2014

View PostXXB1G D0GXX, on 29 July 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

square map for me , but i think many find it unreadable BECAUSE it doesn't rotate .you can lose precious seconds orientating yourself in crucial situations.

Exactly this.

View PostXXB1G D0GXX, on 29 July 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

it[square map] takes a while getting used to granted but gives you a better idea of how the lemming train is coping with that light tank on the other flank .

It only gives you a better time if a) someone pays attention to it and b) they don't have enough sense to press the back button every few seconds with the round map.  

 

For me, I trained my brain 9 months ago to hit the back button.  It's second nature.   It just works.  It's just like breathing.   About the only time i don't do it in a 15 second period is when I am driving a light tank fast on hard terrain or in the middle of a firefight with no breaks in the action.  


YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.


XXB1G D0GXX #25 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 26731 battles
  • 164
  • [HADOK]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 29 July 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Exactly this.

It only gives you a better time if a) someone pays attention to it and b) they don't have enough sense to press the back button every few seconds with the round map.

 

For me, I trained my brain 9 months ago to hit the back button.  It's second nature.   It just works.  It's just like breathing.   About the only time i don't do it in a 15 second period is when I am driving a light tank fast on hard terrain or in the middle of a firefight with no breaks in the action.

yeah i've been driving lights a lot more lately and it definitely helps to have the square map on when you are pushing 60 or 70 kph round the map (for me at least).



BLACKRAT 1x #26 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 209 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

View Postd0ntblink97, on 29 July 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

The new " don't spam to keep come open" I need to ping the map more than twice a lot of the time to alert my team to a situation they might not see and I know one of the worst mistakes players make is not looking at the map so please WG take this annoying feature off the game asap. -blinky:angry:

 

That is sooo stupid!

 

Fix it WG!

 

Meow!!



BLACKRAT 1x #27 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 209 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 29 July 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Exactly this.

It only gives you a better time if a) someone pays attention to it and b) they don't have enough sense to press the back button every few seconds with the round map.  

 

For me, I trained my brain 9 months ago to hit the back button.  It's second nature.   It just works.  It's just like breathing.   About the only time i don't do it in a 15 second period is when I am driving a light tank fast on hard terrain or in the middle of a firefight with no breaks in the action.  

 

Just like checking your mirrors!

DrHorrible4Life-x #28 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16841 battles
  • 6,209
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
I only ping E1 and F1 in Lakeville to show the team why we lost.

Zulu Calm #29 Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19654 battles
  • 6,816
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2014

View PostBongoBaggins, on 29 July 2015 - 03:50 AM, said:

Use a mic.

 


 

What Bongo says. +1. If you speak English this works better on the NA East server or of course NA West than the EU one as many on the EU server don't so have no idea what you're saying.


 

On NA East or NA West though, if you stay calm and simply say something like ' we're being flanked by six Reds on West side C1 and C2' you may get a reaction. I say 'may' because you also may not.


 

When that happens i.e. you're ignored, then I find saying something like 'our base is going to be capped in twenty seconds or less' sometimes gets a reaction. Again though sometimes it doesn't.


 

When it doesn't you lose but at least you tried. Talk too much, ranting and raving doesn't work though any more than 'ordering' people does. It always amuses me how sometimes at the beginning of a battle someone says 'right TDs go this way, heavies go that' and he's just ignored.


 

Just short, calm, collected and useful statements about the battle are best and you may just get a few to plug the hole, back you up or stop the Reds winning the game.


 


 


Edited by Zulu Calm, 29 July 2015 - 03:48 PM.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

 

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users