Becket's Tiger Guide

Tiger I Guide

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Manchot29 #141 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14383 battles

How important is track mechanic for a tiger? I am trying to train repairs + track mechanics on any heavy capable of side scrapping. This is now on my first list of skills to train after BIA and 6th sense. 

Greywoolfe64 #142 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11902 battles
  • [27PZR]
Very. I trained that on my Tiger, Tiger 2 and ST1 crews, and it pays dividends. If I get tracked, with BiA and vents speeding these skills up, I repair almost instantly without having to resort to repair kits- it's saved my bacon on more than one occasion!

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

FromBravo2Kilo #143 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14244 battles
  • [47R]
Skills and perks that keep you alive are vital.  You will eventually need Safe Storage and don't overlook Clutch Breaking.  It might not be high on the list but, you want to keep your front always pointing towards the enemy.  It becomes essential when the reds are closing in.  

Sgt Becket FEAR #144 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10010 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostManchot29, on 19 September 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

How important is track mechanic for a tiger? I am trying to train repairs + track mechanics on any heavy capable of side scrapping. This is now on my first list of skills to train after BIA and 6th sense. 

Very important. A Tiger that can't move is a dead Tiger.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

DenserFlyer173 #145 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20600 battles
im reading your comanders story and its very good,i like it,i want to do something like that, i have female crew only on my favorite tanks and sometimes i like to create a backstory and personality's on all of them,at first i thought it was something lamme but after reading your story it gave me confidence. :honoring: by the way are you still writting more storys of rose?

Sgt Becket FEAR #146 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10010 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDenserFlyer173, on 14 December 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

im reading your comanders story and its very good,i like it,i want to do something like that, i have female crew only on my favorite tanks and sometimes i like to create a backstory and personality's on all of them,at first i thought it was something lamme but after reading your story it gave me confidence. :honoring: by the way are you still writting more storys of rose?

Thank you, I really appreciate that :)

I am thrilled that you like the story so far ^_^

I enjoy creating characters and stuff so it is just a fun thing I can do in this game.

Hmm...well, I am a little backlogged on stories on other sites so I might just focus on finishing the one I have started.

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

DenserFlyer173 #147 Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20600 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 14 December 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Thank you, I really appreciate that :)

I am thrilled that you like the story so far ^_^

I enjoy creating characters and stuff so it is just a fun thing I can do in this game.

Hmm...well, I am a little backlogged on stories on other sites so I might just focus on finishing the one I have started.

what else are you writting?

Sgt Becket FEAR #148 Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10010 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDenserFlyer173, on 14 December 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

what else are you writting?

Just stories for other video game characters xDDD

Like, one of them is a story about the characters from the F.E.A.R. series and another is one for BioShock 2.

When I write to make some money, I normally write seasonal stuff like horror for October and so forth.

DenserFlyer173 #149 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20600 battles
oh boy,fear and bioschock are great games,but mostly i like fear,the first game was one of the very few that scares me

Sgt Becket FEAR #150 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10010 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDenserFlyer173, on 14 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

oh boy,fear and bioschock are great games,but mostly i like fear,the first game was one of the very few that scares me

Oh man, FEAR was my game for so long xDDD

I still love it even though F.E.A.R. 3 was a let down.

Vessigaud #151 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:06 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3826 battles
  • [OLDG]

I've finally got to the TT version of the Tiger - got distracted by buying the 131 and starting the grind through the upgrades using a mixture of WS and multiplayer - I've played about 5 MP games with mixed results - top of team in a mostly tier IX match, top when top tier in Himmelsdorf and got wiped out by Arty after about 90 seconds :)

I've fitted the tank with Vents, Rammer, GLD and have started looking at how to master it, i'm not planning on going further than tier VII at the moment so have a few questions;

Is the 10,5 gun worth the XP or should i just go to the first 8,8 ?

My crew is BIA, SS, Recon, Sit Awareness, Repairs, what skill is next - reading the thread i think its Track Mechanic but just want to be sure

Has the 131 taught me bad methods that i need to forget when playing the Tiger 1 ?

Sgt Becket FEAR #152 Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10010 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostVessigaud, on 04 March 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

I've finally got to the TT version of the Tiger - got distracted by buying the 131 and starting the grind through the upgrades using a mixture of WS and multiplayer - I've played about 5 MP games with mixed results - top of team in a mostly tier IX match, top when top tier in Himmelsdorf and got wiped out by Arty after about 90 seconds :)

I've fitted the tank with Vents, Rammer, GLD and have started looking at how to master it, i'm not planning on going further than tier VII at the moment so have a few questions;

Is the 10,5 gun worth the XP or should i just go to the first 8,8 ?

My crew is BIA, SS, Recon, Sit Awareness, Repairs, what skill is next - reading the thread i think its Track Mechanic but just want to be sure

Has the 131 taught me bad methods that i need to forget when playing the Tiger 1 ?

I would say just go for the first 88 and get to the Lange 88 in the last upgrade as fast as possible. It is that gun that really makes the TT Tiger a DPM monster even against higher tier tanks.

Personally I would focus on mobility upgrades since they tend to be more useful with the way I play mine. If you are fighting like a Heavy, you are not playing the Tiger right.

Play it like a big, heavy medium tank with a lot of HP and a gun that can let it sit just behind the big armored guys and out DPM almost everything that dares to challenge you. Use your mobility to adapt as necessary and then use your HP later in the match to lead the last push to wipe out whatever enemy tanks are left.

Good hunting! :honoring:

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users