Jump to content


Becket's Tiger Guide

Tiger I Guide

  • Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Manchot29 #141 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19383 battles
  • 51
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016

How important is track mechanic for a tiger? I am trying to train repairs + track mechanics on any heavy capable of side scrapping. This is now on my first list of skills to train after BIA and 6th sense. 

 



Greywoolfe64 #142 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15853 battles
  • 2,164
  • [27PZR]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016
Very. I trained that on my Tiger, Tiger 2 and ST1 crews, and it pays dividends. If I get tracked, with BiA and vents speeding these skills up, I repair almost instantly without having to resort to repair kits- it's saved my bacon on more than one occasion!

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

 


FromBravo2Kilo #143 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19368 battles
  • 2,303
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2015
Skills and perks that keep you alive are vital.  You will eventually need Safe Storage and don't overlook Clutch Breaking.  It might not be high on the list but, you want to keep your front always pointing towards the enemy.  It becomes essential when the reds are closing in.  


 


Sgt Becket FEAR #144 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostManchot29, on 19 September 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

How important is track mechanic for a tiger? I am trying to train repairs + track mechanics on any heavy capable of side scrapping. This is now on my first list of skills to train after BIA and 6th sense. 

 

 

Very important. A Tiger that can't move is a dead Tiger.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


DenserFlyer173 #145 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21899 battles
  • 432
  • [HI_5]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015
im reading your comanders story and its very good,i like it,i want to do something like that, i have female crew only on my favorite tanks and sometimes i like to create a backstory and personality's on all of them,at first i thought it was something lamme but after reading your story it gave me confidence. :honoring: by the way are you still writting more storys of rose?

Sgt Becket FEAR #146 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostDenserFlyer173, on 14 December 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

im reading your comanders story and its very good,i like it,i want to do something like that, i have female crew only on my favorite tanks and sometimes i like to create a backstory and personality's on all of them,at first i thought it was something lamme but after reading your story it gave me confidence. :honoring: by the way are you still writting more storys of rose?

 

Thank you, I really appreciate that :)

 

I am thrilled that you like the story so far ^_^

 

I enjoy creating characters and stuff so it is just a fun thing I can do in this game.

 

Hmm...well, I am a little backlogged on stories on other sites so I might just focus on finishing the one I have started.

 

 


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


DenserFlyer173 #147 Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21899 battles
  • 432
  • [HI_5]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 14 December 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

 

Thank you, I really appreciate that :)

 

I am thrilled that you like the story so far ^_^

 

I enjoy creating characters and stuff so it is just a fun thing I can do in this game.

 

Hmm...well, I am a little backlogged on stories on other sites so I might just focus on finishing the one I have started.

 

 

what else are you writting?



Sgt Becket FEAR #148 Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostDenserFlyer173, on 14 December 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

what else are you writting?

 

Just stories for other video game characters xDDD

 

Like, one of them is a story about the characters from the F.E.A.R. series and another is one for BioShock 2.

 

When I write to make some money, I normally write seasonal stuff like horror for October and so forth.


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


DenserFlyer173 #149 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21899 battles
  • 432
  • [HI_5]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015
oh boy,fear and bioschock are great games,but mostly i like fear,the first game was one of the very few that scares me

Sgt Becket FEAR #150 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostDenserFlyer173, on 14 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

oh boy,fear and bioschock are great games,but mostly i like fear,the first game was one of the very few that scares me

 

Oh man, FEAR was my game for so long xDDD

 

I still love it even though F.E.A.R. 3 was a let down.


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Vessigaud #151 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:06 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 5587 battles
  • 9
  • [WOTUK]
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

I've finally got to the TT version of the Tiger - got distracted by buying the 131 and starting the grind through the upgrades using a mixture of WS and multiplayer - I've played about 5 MP games with mixed results - top of team in a mostly tier IX match, top when top tier in Himmelsdorf and got wiped out by Arty after about 90 seconds :)

 

I've fitted the tank with Vents, Rammer, GLD and have started looking at how to master it, i'm not planning on going further than tier VII at the moment so have a few questions;

 

Is the 10,5 gun worth the XP or should i just go to the first 8,8 ?

My crew is BIA, SS, Recon, Sit Awareness, Repairs, what skill is next - reading the thread i think its Track Mechanic but just want to be sure

Has the 131 taught me bad methods that i need to forget when playing the Tiger 1 ?

 



Sgt Becket FEAR #152 Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:30 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostVessigaud, on 04 March 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

I've finally got to the TT version of the Tiger - got distracted by buying the 131 and starting the grind through the upgrades using a mixture of WS and multiplayer - I've played about 5 MP games with mixed results - top of team in a mostly tier IX match, top when top tier in Himmelsdorf and got wiped out by Arty after about 90 seconds :)

 

I've fitted the tank with Vents, Rammer, GLD and have started looking at how to master it, i'm not planning on going further than tier VII at the moment so have a few questions;

 

Is the 10,5 gun worth the XP or should i just go to the first 8,8 ?

My crew is BIA, SS, Recon, Sit Awareness, Repairs, what skill is next - reading the thread i think its Track Mechanic but just want to be sure

Has the 131 taught me bad methods that i need to forget when playing the Tiger 1 ?

 

 

I would say just go for the first 88 and get to the Lange 88 in the last upgrade as fast as possible. It is that gun that really makes the TT Tiger a DPM monster even against higher tier tanks.

 

Personally I would focus on mobility upgrades since they tend to be more useful with the way I play mine. If you are fighting like a Heavy, you are not playing the Tiger right.

 

Play it like a big, heavy medium tank with a lot of HP and a gun that can let it sit just behind the big armored guys and out DPM almost everything that dares to challenge you. Use your mobility to adapt as necessary and then use your HP later in the match to lead the last push to wipe out whatever enemy tanks are left.

 

Good hunting! :honoring:


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Dj Freddy D #153 Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11497 battles
  • 1,258
  • Member since:
    07-30-2015

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 17 March 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

 

I would say just go for the first 88 and get to the Lange 88 in the last upgrade as fast as possible. It is that gun that really makes the TT Tiger a DPM monster even against higher tier tanks.

 

Personally I would focus on mobility upgrades since they tend to be more useful with the way I play mine. If you are fighting like a Heavy, you are not playing the Tiger right.

 

Play it like a big, heavy medium tank with a lot of HP and a gun that can let it sit just behind the big armored guys and out DPM almost everything that dares to challenge you. Use your mobility to adapt as necessary and then use your HP later in the match to lead the last push to wipe out whatever enemy tanks are left.

 

Good hunting! :honoring:

 

Heavy Medium - Just like the Tier X Chieftain :) 

 L0jdrtk.png

I don't care about stats, I just like to play and have fun...


Sgt Becket FEAR #154 Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostDj Freddy D, on 19 December 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

 

Heavy Medium - Just like the Tier X Chieftain :) 

 

Oh hey!! What's up man?

 

Haven't seen you around for a bit. Hope things have been going well.

 

Happy Holidays :)


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Dj Freddy D #155 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:48 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11497 battles
  • 1,258
  • Member since:
    07-30-2015

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 19 December 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

 

Oh hey!! What's up man?

 

Haven't seen you around for a bit. Hope things have been going well.

 

Happy Holidays :)

 

Happy Holidays to you :)

 

I been good! just started playing again :) I've unlocked 2 Tier 10's this week - just waiting to see if there is a 30% off again on Tier X's. I've unlocked the E5 and the German PZ.Kpfw. VII.

 

100K XP more for the Leopard 1

100K + XP more for the E4 - The T30 is a fun tank so far - 700+ damage per shell haha!

 

And re-bought the tier 9 Conqueror to unlock the SUper Conqueror.

 

Just trying to grind those out...So so fun on the higher tier levels though compared to Tier V through VII


 L0jdrtk.png

I don't care about stats, I just like to play and have fun...


Sgt Becket FEAR #156 Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostDj Freddy D, on 19 December 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

 

Happy Holidays to you :)

 

I been good! just started playing again :) I've unlocked 2 Tier 10's this week - just waiting to see if there is a 30% off again on Tier X's. I've unlocked the E5 and the German PZ.Kpfw. VII.

 

100K XP more for the Leopard 1

100K + XP more for the E4 - The T30 is a fun tank so far - 700+ damage per shell haha!

 

And re-bought the tier 9 Conqueror to unlock the SUper Conqueror.

 

Just trying to grind those out...So so fun on the higher tier levels though compared to Tier V through VII

 

Glad to hear that!

 

LOL yeah I just got back into the game again a few days ago after finals.

 

Might try to finish my Tiger II's 3rd MoE grind over Winter Break...

 

Right on, man! Good hunting out there :honoring:


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Dj Freddy D #157 Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11497 battles
  • 1,258
  • Member since:
    07-30-2015

Aiiiiiiiiiiii - Tiger II - 3rd MOE! wow! I never kept my Tiger II, I kept the E75 :)

 

Will you 3 mark the E75 too? The E75 is an awesome medium heavy now with its speed buff :) 


 L0jdrtk.png

I don't care about stats, I just like to play and have fun...


Sgt Becket FEAR #158 Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostDj Freddy D, on 19 December 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Aiiiiiiiiiiii - Tiger II - 3rd MOE! wow! I never kept my Tiger II, I kept the E75 :)

 

Will you 3 mark the E75 too? The E75 is an awesome medium heavy now with its speed buff :) 

 

Eh my E75 is sitting with 1 MoE right now so maybe someday I'll go for it xDDD

 

LOL yeah my Tiger II is my second most played tank (if I recall correctly) with nearly 400 matches.


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


TheKitsuneFox #159 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24511 battles
  • 997
  • [W0TFR]
  • Member since:
    02-20-2014

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 19 December 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

 

 

Might try to finish my Tiger II's 3rd MoE grind over Winter Break...

 

 

Been there, done it, can be done without a single prammo shell but does require chocolate.

So, good luck with that !

Especially when facing Xs you really need to play clever but not too cautious as you're taking the risk of not dealing enough damage. Be too confident and that red 183 will bring you down in no time... 

 

Anyway, stick to it and pull it through, it's never easy to 3 mark a tier VIII :)



Sgt Becket FEAR #160 Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostTheKitsuneFox, on 20 December 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

 

Been there, done it, can be done without a single prammo shell but does require chocolate.

So, good luck with that !

Especially when facing Xs you really need to play clever but not too cautious as you're taking the risk of not dealing enough damage. Be too confident and that red 183 will bring you down in no time... 

 

Anyway, stick to it and pull it through, it's never easy to 3 mark a tier VIII :)

 

I see...

 

Appreciate the help :great:

 

 


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users